Sunday, June 19, 2011

Layover

June 20, 2011
7:43 am (Hong Kong Time)

I made it through 14 hours and 1 minute of flying! Scott and I are sitting here in the airport trying to pass along our blog information since before we jet off to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, especially since we didn't have internet in LAX.

Can I just say that Cathay Pacific is the most beautiful airline I have ever been on? First of all, the airplane was huge. It must have sat about 500 people. We were in row 57. We walk into the plane, and business class gets to sit in there own little pods. It was literally like something out of a science fiction move. Pods where they can lay down and a flat screen TV where they can pull in front of them. Scott and I were in economy at the back of the bus, but it was still nice. We got our own little TV's with tons of movie options, video games, comfortable blankets and pillows, and even our own crying baby sitting behind us. You name it, Cathay Pacific had it. They even had "How I Met Your Mother, Season 6" (Fariba). All the stewardesses were in perfectly tailored silk shirts, and each one of them had their hair beautifully coiffed. Needless to say, the airline made an impression.

I actually slept through the first 7.5 hours of flying and watched movies the rest of the time. I had ramen noodles for snack and chow mein for breakfast. I guess my first meal internationally wasn't a protein bar from Costco after all.

-Audrey


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! first one to comment!!!!! And how come I am not mentioned? But i love u guys and miss you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the second one to post!!!!!Hi Scott and Audry I really missy you guys.this is Rohan not Mom.......I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete