Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Photo series #4: Caught in the rain

Considering we are visiting Viet Nam during it's rainy season, you would think we would have learned to avoid getting stuck in a rainstorm by now. We have not. A few days ago I decided to go a run 10 minutes before a huge downpour. I stopped under a tree and stretched while I waited it out. Not only am I a spectacle every time I go for a run, but now I am a soaking wet spectacle. It didn't scare off the young boy who decided that he wanted to have an English lesson with me while I was running. He rode his bike next to me while I taught him how to say "My name is Sao", "running", "bicycle", and "car". Needless to say, I was a little winded during this mobile English lesson, but he seemed to enjoy it. We'll see if he joins me next time when I am less soaked.

Anyway, a few weeks ago we got stuck in a downpour and ran into the nearest coffee shop. While sipping on some tea, I took a few photos of the rain and tested the shutter speed of my camera. Rain is fun!

-Scott

Water rings
Sticks give you some size perspective
Ripple effect
Downpour
Freezing time off the gutter
Water crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment